Our 2016 season begins with our Summer Conditioning camp. The purpose of camp is to prepare each potential cross country runner for tryouts. Practices for the camp are Monday-Saturday from 6:30AM-9:30AM. Practices start and end at the Lake Forest Sports Park near the large grass soccer fields. Each practice includes:
- a proper warm-up
- instructions and teaching about running fundamentals and philosophy
- main workout
- strength training
- instructions on how to prepare for the following day
There are six to eight coaches present at each practice to ensure that every runner gets the attention they need.
The fee for this year's camp is $252, which works out to a mere $3.50/hour. Each registered runner is eligible to participate in the first tryout race on July 29 (only registered runners may participate). There will be a second tryout for non-registered runners on August 19.
The Conditioning Camp officially concludes on August 6, but practices will continue each day until school begins.
All runners must tryout for the Cross Country Team. Runners must meet or exceed the following qualifying times.
- Freshman Boys - 14 minutes for 2-miles
- Freshman Girls - 16 minutes for 2-miles
- Sophomore Boys - 20 minutes for 3-miles
- Sophomore Girls - 24 minutes for 3-miles
- Junior and Senior Boys - 19 minutes for 3-miles
- Junior and Senior Girls - 23 minutes for 3-miles