In addition to our specific team policies, all Trabuco Hills Athletic policies and the SVUSD Code of Ethics will be enforced.
*There are no cuts for Girls Cross Country for runners who give an honest effort everyday*
HOW TO MAKE THE BOYS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM
RUNNERS will try out for the Cross Country team. In order to maintain the competitive culture, quality of work, and dedication to our philosophy, the team will be limited to runners who meet the following criteria:
- We hold one Tryout on July 28, 2018. Participation in this tryout is mandatory to make the team.The tryout will be held on the Track at Trabuco Hills. Warm ups start at 6:30AM.
- Freshmen Boys must run under 15 minutes for 2-miles
- Sophomore Boys must run under 20 minutes for 3-miles
- Junior and Senior Boys must run under 18 minutes for 3-miles
- Attendance (on time) at no less than 75% of practices between August 6 and the start of school. Daily attendance is mandatory once school starts and includes Saturday practices.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Maintain your running log on XCstats on a daily basis
* The coaches maintain the right to select or cut some runners based on criteria not listed above. The coaches will evaluate all runners based on their attitude, citizenship, work ethic, integrity, and coachability.
- Act with Integrity, Honor, and Respect at all times
- Be On Time
- Dress appropriately and arrive ready to practice
- Wear proper running shoes
- No iPods or other music devices are allowed at practice.
- The Cross Country coaching staff and Trabuco Hills High School are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No foul language will be tolerated at any time.
- No drug or alcohol use (zero tolerance = immediate removal from team)
- If injured for more than 3 days, a doctor’s note must be provided.
- No colored hair or extreme styles (if you plan to buzz/shave part of your head, buzz the whole thing).
- No jaywalking. Use crosswalks and sidewalk whenever possible.
- No hazing of any type will be tolerated.
- Any inappropriate behavior on social media (Instgram, Twitter, SnapChat, ect.) will be ground for immediate dismissal from the team.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT FOLLOWING TEAM POLICIES
1st Offense Warning / Extra core work
2nd Offense Email home and suspension from team (2-5 days)
3rd Offense Removal from team
RUNNING ON THE ROADS
The following rules for running workouts on the roads should be strictly observed by all athletes for their own safety.
A. NEVER RUN ALONE
B. Always run on the sidewalk.
C. Avoid major intersections as much as possible.
D. Never challenge a car or driver. The Car always wins!
E. Misconduct on the roads will not be tolerated. Remember who you are & who you represent.
F. Always report any unusual occurrences immediately upon your return.
G. Always check in with your coach when you return from the run.
HOW TO LETTER VARSITY IN CROSS COUNTRY
Must meet one of the following:
Compete at the varsity level in 50% of races
Finish the season ranked in the top 7 according to XCstats (having completed at least 50% of races).
Break 16 minutes (boys) or 18 minutes and 30 seconds (girls) at any point in the season.
Compete at a CIF Championships race.